Monday, September 4, 2017

Abstract aerial photography around Miami

Yesterday morning I did an aerial shoot along the Miami coastline in search of abstract images of the water's edge. All of the photographs were taken with the camera pointing straight down from an open door helicopter. The purpose of this series was to pick up some images for my fine art portfolio. Because I plan on making very large prints from the images, normally I would have used my Nikon D810 for this. Unfortunately, I had just sold it this past week in preparation for the arrival of the new D850. The lens I used was the Nikon 24-120mm f/4, but I could have gotten by with the 24-70mm, which might have been a better quality choice.

I used FlyNYON of Miami for the helicopter service. They have been very accommodating of my need to have the perfect weather and timing for my aerial work.




  
















Someone wrote this in the sand  using seaweed. Guess they knew I'd be flying by. 


No comments :

Post a Comment