Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Experimenting in Florida with the Fuji X-T2 and 18-135mm lens

In case you're wondering where I've been with new postings, I spent the past couple of weeks moving studio and residence from New York City to Florida. Turned out to be a much more daunting task than I could have imagined. Nonetheless, I have finally settled in -- somewhat -- and had a bit of time to pick up a camera to take some photos of the local flora.

I used only the Fuji X-T2 and my favorite do-it-all lens, the Fuji 18-135mm zoom. I did add some post-processing technique to most of the images to give them a distinctive look. Hopefully, I won't be offline so long again, although I am heading back north tomorrow to shoot a couple of assignements and also teach an aerial photography workshop for Leica. Next week, I'll be back in Florida attempting to re-establish a semblance of my normal shooting schedule.

Banana leaves softened in Photoshop. 

For this variation I created the feel of a platinum photograph, also adding the sunburst from my MCP Actions Sunshine Overlays.

For this photo, I removed the background and substituted another one I had in my files. 

Simple as it looks, this photo was one of the more complex. I duplicated the layer in Photoshop, softened it with a heavy Gaussian blur, changed the layer to "Multiply", and the lowered the layer's opacity. 

Substituted a black background at the bottom of this image and increased the contrast considerably. 

Another platinum photograph effect I did in Photoshop.

This is an Acros image converted to infrared, which is why the sky is darkened and the green leaves brightened to white. 

No comments :

Post a Comment