Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Fuji X100T after the rain

Rain came down heavily last night making it difficult, if not impossible, to get a taxi in New York in the evening. It continued through the night and into the morning until about noon today when there was a break in the downpour. I used the opportunity to walk over to the photo lab where I am having a large print make. Naturally, I took a Fuji camera with me, but this time it was the new X100T I picked up after doing my review of one last week. I also tucked a TCL-X100 --having taken advantage of the special sale I mentioned in yesterday's blog post -- in a pocket of my vest.

Some of these images were taken late last night. The others on my trip past Madison Square Park and the Flatiron Building on my way to the lab. My favorite feature of the X100T is being able to get in close at f/2, and with the TCL-X100 it gets even tighter.

The Empire State Building enshrouded with rain clouds.






2 comments :

  1. Fantastic shots Tom, makes me realize I need to work with my settings on my X100t more. Are you just using the JPEG files straight from camera? Can't wait for your TCL review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dan. I always shoot my Fuji cameras with a combination of RAW and jpg. I normally use the jpgs as a reference shot and process the final image from RAW in Photoshop. Photoshop has the Fuji camera mode settings built in. So I set that first in post-processing, and then proceed to make other adjustments. I like having the RAW file because it allows me to change my mind later with the mode setting. Plus I can do much more with a RAW file than with an 8-bit jpg. The files in this post were pretty much the way I liked them with my jpg settings so there wasn't much to do later.

    ReplyDelete