Thursday, June 4, 2015

First day on the job for my Fuji X100T

Nothing like trial by fire. I added my new X100T as an extra body along with my X-T1. With the weather finally clearing up, we headed off to the park for a lifestyle shoot with one  model. I was curious to see how the shorter 23mm lens on the X100T would influence my shooting style during the day. Normally, I photograph lifestyle with my 56mm and 35mm lenses, and outdoors include the 50-140mm f/2.8 zoom for the longer shots.  Lately, I have begun to prefer moving in close with a shorter lens to give the photos more close-in, candid feel.

In one of my upcoming posts I will be showing many of these same scenes done with the 56mm f/1.2 APD lens.

We shot around this fruit stand before going into the park. I recorded this scene with both the 56mm f/1.2 lens on an X-T1 and here with the 23mm f/2 lens of the X100T. The wider lens integrates the foreground scene more with the environment. 

I like working with models on slightly overcast days. It gives me the opportunity to blast out the sky and fill it later with one of the sunny flares I discussed in a prior post


3 comments :

  1. don't you find the x100T lens (i own this camera and love it) inferior the the better fuji lenses, such as the 23 1.4 ? i.e., just not as sharp... ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, Dave, especially with the close-ups, there is a bit of softness to the images. I tend to like it and use it for that feature. When I want my images a little more straight forward and really sharp, I prefer the f/1.4 23mm on my X-T1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to respond!

    ReplyDelete