Monday, September 15, 2014

What a difference a day makes

When photographing popular travel or landscape subjects it is often difficult to get a vista that is different from what has been done before. One thing that is always changing is the weather, and whenever possible in these situations, I compose the image for the weather first and the subject second.

On Saturday morning the sky was threatening when I set out on a bike ride towards lower Manhattan. As I approached the World Trade Center there were some storm clouds passing behind it. I grabbed this shot with the Fuji X-T1 and 18-135mm zoom for conversion to a platinum print.



On Sunday morning I had sunny blue skies and a very hard light when I took this photo with the Fuji X-T1 and 55-200mm zoom of the Empire State Building peeking out from between some apartment building. Later I processed it as infrared in Photoshop to darken the blues and then prepared the file to make a platinum print.


No comments :

Post a Comment