Monday, July 1, 2013

The Forest Primeval

I went away for the weekend in upstate New York visiting a friend. Daily thunderstorms in the area have left the vegetation a lush, saturated green, and the nearby forests remind me a lot of the primitive landscape paintings of the 19th century Hudson River School.

I brought only my Leica M system with me and also included a Voigtlander 12mm, and two Leica-R lenses for it, the 80-200mm zoom and 60mm macro.

This forest sunset was taken with the Voigtlander 12mm super wide angle lens, which typically has a heavy vignette. Rather than correct it, I decided to use it for the symbolic feeling of moving from the dark into the light.
This photo and the two below were taken with the 21mm Elmarit lens.



"
"X" marks the spot.  I liked the criss-crossing of trees and branches that formed this composition shot with the 80-200mm zoom.

1 comment :

  1. Great shots ! These are amazing photos , I like your forest photography .

    ReplyDelete